Membership of the Winckelmann-Gesellschaft
- You regularly receive informations concerning all events, exhibitions and research projects etc. of the Winckelmann-Gesellschaft.
- Without charge you receive the German proceedings of the Winckelmann-Gesellschaft (Mitteilungen), which among other things provide informations on activities, research projects and recent publications of the society, as well as they contain commented bibliographies of recently published literature, reviews and abstracts.
- You get discounted publications of the Winckelmann-Gesellschaft. Three examples how this works: Ordering the exhibition catalogue “Außer Rom ist fast nichts schönes in der Welt - Römische Antikensammlungen im 18. Jahrhundert” you do not have to pay the standard prize of €24,-, but a reduced price of €14,-; members can obtain the publication of the first proceedings of the “Stendaler Arbeitskreis zur Theorie und Geschichte der Kunstgeschichtsschreibung Jacob Burckhardt und die Antike” for €20,- instead of €34,-; both volumes of the critical edition of Winckelmann’s “Herkulanischen Schriften” are available at a reduced price of €34,50 for vol. I (instead of €49,-) and €45,50 for vol. II (instead of €64,-).
- Institutions which are joining in the membership receive most of the publications by exchanging literature.
- Members do not have to pay entrance fees of any society’s events.
- Members enjoy free entrance to the Winckelmann-Museum and to special exhibitions
- As member you have access to our research library. After consultation it is possible to live as scholar in residence in the compound and use guestrooms for a small fee.
- As member of the Winckelmann-Gesellschaft you automatically enjoy all the benefits of a membership of the Wissenschaftliche Buchgesellschaft (WBG). The obligations in this regard (membership fee, annual book order) are taken over by the Winckelmann-Gesellschaft.